Tenants entering into a tenancy with Crofts Estate Agents will be subject to pay the following Permitted Payments, please note all fees are inclusive of VAT:
- One weeks rent as a holding deposit. This payment must be made prior to referencing commencing. If referencing is successful, this will contribute towards the deposit equal to five-weeks rent on the property. If misleading or false information is provided by an applicant, Crofts Estate Agents reserve the right to retain the Holding Deposit in full. If referencing is not completed within the allocated time frame of 14 days, Crofts Estate Agents reserve the right to retain the Holding Deposit in full.
- Five-weeks rent as a deposit prior to commencement of a tenancy. Unless otherwise agreed, applicants will be required to pay a deposit equal to the cost of five weeks rent. This deposit will be protected with the DPS throughout the duration of a tenancy and will be claimed against in the event of rent arrears or damage to a property.
- Where rent is unpaid 14 days after it is due, interest at Bank of England base rate plus 3% will be charged. You can be charged the cost the landlord has to pay his lender if a mortgage payment is missed.
- Where keys are lost, if we wish to assist you, we will charge the actual cost of a replacement if you collect it at our office. If we have to meet you at the property, we will charge our time at £15 per hour plus the cost of the lost key. If the key is lost outside of business hours you must contact an emergency locksmith and pay the cost yourself. We have neither a contractual nor statutory obligation to assist with lost keys. If you want extra keys for other family occupiers, you will have to arrange and pay for these yourself.
Damages for Breach of Contract
In the event a tenant doesn’t fulfil their obligations during a tenancy the following charges will apply, please note all fees are inclusive of VAT:
- Variation, assignment or novation of a tenancy (including adding or removal of a tenant, amending a tenancy to permit pets, changes of rental payment dates etc. chargeable at £50 per change.
- Leaving early is a breach of the tenancy and you agree to pay the cost of the landlord’s management fees for the remaining period of the tenancy. You also agree to pay the landlord’s fees for advertising for new tenants, showing them around the property, conducting credit and Right to Rent checks, preparing a new AST and protecting a new deposit and arranging a new Inventory, no more than £240. You also agree to pay the rent and utilities due for the remaining period of the tenancy or until a suitable new tenant moves in, whichever comes first.
- If we send you a Section 8 Housing Act 1988 notice because you have broken this agreement, you must pay our reasonable costs of not more than £35. We will not charge you for any covering letter.
- If your Bank returns a cheque, standing order or direct debit unpaid, you must pay our reasonable costs of not more than £35.
- If you do not respond to the letters about arrears, and as a result we or our agent have to visit you at home, you will pay our reasonable costs of not more than £25. You can avoid that by keeping in contact.
- If we have a genuine reason to believe that you have abandoned the property and we have to visit the property and speak to neighbours and authorities, you agree to pay our reasonable costs of not more than £50.
- Damage to the property caused by tenant neglect or neglect of persons invited to the property by the tenant you agree to pay the bill from the workman plus up to £50 admin costs for our time in arranging these matters.
- Failure to keep appointments such as Gas Safety Inspections, periodic Inspections which had been previously agreed, unless cancelled no later than 12 hours beforehand you agree to pay an admin charge of up to £25.
- Where rent has been overpaid during the tenancy and we incur administration costs in dealing with its calculation and repayment a fee of £10 will be charged. This would be a breach of the terms of the tenancy as the amount of rent to be paid is explained in the contract
- If you lose your copy of the Tenancy Agreement we will provide a copy for £6.
- If any utility service is disconnected and results in the agent/landlord having to organise re-connection at the end of the tenancy. You agree to pay our reasonable costs of not more than £50.00.
- You agree to pay any reasonable costs for removal and/or storage of items that have not been removed from the property on or before the tenancy end date.
- You will be responsible for any reasonable call-out charges if you wrongfully ask for a workman to come to the property, and this is due to incorrect information or against our or our agent’s advice. The amount chargeable to you will depend on the costs incurred.
- You will pay our reasonable legal costs as ordered by the court if we have to evict you for rent arrears, or for failing to leave at the end of a section 21/form 6a/section 8 notice.
Redress Scheme: Crofts Estate Agents are a registered member of The Property Ombudsman Scheme.
Client Money Protection: Crofts Estate Agents are a registered member of Propertymark’s Client Money Protection Scheme.